The 2022 Board Candidate Forum will be held in person in the Eagle Ridge Academy Forum on Thursday, April 21, at 6:00 p.m. The Board Candidate Forum will also be livestreamed via Zoom and recorded for those who are unable to attend in person, though all nominees must attend the Board Candidate Forum in person. The Zoom meeting facilitators will be utilizing a Google Form to take audience questions to be asked of the candidates in the live meeting. Voting will begin after the conclusion of the Board Candidate Forum. View the 2022 Board of Directors Election Guide
and see below for more information on the Board Candidate Forum.
Welcome and Introduction: Jason Ulbrich
Moderator: Matthew Berg
Time Keeper: TBD
Question Organizer: TBD
Board of Directors Zoom Link
Meeting ID: 812 4214 0622
Candidates will receive the three questions below ahead of time to prepare answers prior to the live Board Candidate Forum. Candidates will be given one minute to answer each question. The timekeeper will raise their hand to signal there are 15 seconds remaining.
1. The role of the Board is strategic in nature, while the role of the
Administration is more operational. Given that, how would you ensure the Board stays focused on strategic issues and opportunities while empowering the Administration to handle the day-to-day operations of the Academy? How would you ensure balance between the two?
2. What does the Board of Directors need to continue to aspire to do, think,
and discuss to ensure that the Academy stays true to our Classical mission and vision?
3. Eagle Ridge Academy will offer an academically rigorous, time-tested
Classical, liberal arts curriculum that:
- prepares students to be exemplary and knowledgeable citizens;
- instills a life-long passion for learning;
- values self-discipline, respect, perseverance, and achievement;
- teaches truth, beauty and goodness; and
- fosters an appreciation for the United States of America and her unique role in the world.
On which aspect do you believe the Academy shows the most strength? On which aspect, if any, do you believe the Academy needs to improve?
After candidates answer the questions above, there will be time for questions from audience members. Candidates may raise their hand to volunteer to answer first. After that, the same order will be used from question three (above) to allow remaining candidates to speak. They will each have one minute to answer. Moderation of time will be the same as above.