The Eagle Eye: 10/13/2022
Happy Thursday! There is no school and the office will be closed Monday, October 17, though Friday, October 21, due to Fall Conferences and Fall Break.
This week’s Eagle Eye newsletter is now available! The Eagle Eye is Eagle Ridge Academy’s translatable community newsletter that is published every other Thursday during the school year. It is a great resource to see important updates and learn what is happening around the school. Here’s a preview of what you’ll find in this week’s Eagle Eye:
- Enroll Now for the 2023-2024 School Year. Eagle Ridge Academy’s 2023-2024 open enrollment period began on October 1. If your current ERA student has a sibling or foster sibling that you wish to enroll for the 2023-2024 school year, please fill out an application for each child you wish to enroll. Know a family interested in joining the ERA community? Invite them to our Fall Enrollment Extravaganza on November 5! Learn more inside the issue.
- Join us at the PTO Fall Used Uniform Sale, Usborne Book Fair, Classical Education Parent Night, and MORE Next Week. There may not be school next week, but there is plenty happening at Eagle Ridge Academy! Make sure to attend the Used Uniform Sale and Usborne Book Fair during Parent Teacher Conferences and don’t forget to RSVP for Classical Educational Parent Night, which will take place at the Airport Marriott Hotel in Bloomington on Wednesday, October 19, 6:00-7:30 p.m. View the details of all of these events inside the issue.
- ERA School Counselors Looking for Parent Volunteers to Speak About Their Careers to School of Logic Students. In hopes to encourage college and career development among our middle school students, School Counselors Jean Soule and Jenn Scott are looking for parents in our ERA community to come and share about their careers. Find out more about the presentations inside the issue.
- Registration Now Open for Grades K-12 Basketball. This winter, ERA is running several basketball teams: Boys Varsity/JV (9-12), Girls Varsity/JV (9-12), Boys 7th-8th, Girls 7th-8th, Boys 3rd-6th Travel, Girls 3rd-6th Travel, and Gryphon Youth Basketball (K-6). See the details of each team and register today inside the issue.
- RSVP Today for the 10th Annual Gala for the Gryphons: A Night of Glitz and Glamour ~ Honoring Traditions. Invitations have been sent home for the annual Gala for the Gryphons. This year, the silent auction will return in person to the Gala at Hazeltine National Golf Club on Friday, November 18, 6:00-11:00 p.m. The night will also include a social hour, plated dinner, a live auction, Dive for Pearls, Wall of Wine, photo booth, a meaningful program, and more! DJ Chad from Trivia Stash will play music from around the world. ERA 2021 alumna Sridhatri Guntipally will be the guest speaker and will perform Bharatanatyam, a form of classical Indian Dance that originated in southern India almost 2,000 years ago. You don’t want to miss this important night! Register inside the issue.
Read on for more and enjoy your break, Gryphons!