Read the tips and then follow the step-by-step instructions.
Tip #1: Schedule a time to set up the account with your child(ren) sitting next to you. You will need to enter a code for each child. This code is created by your child in his/her account. Each pairing code is time sensitive and may only be used once.
Tip #2: If you have multiple children at ERA, you will set up your account with one child’s pairing code first. Once that is accessible, there will be a way for you to add additional children to your existing Observer account.
Tip #3: Individual parents and/or guardians can create separate Observer accounts; however, a different pairing code for each account and for each child will need to be created from the student account. This is to increase security and data privacy.
Tip #4: Create an Observer account on a desktop or laptop computer. You will be able to easily add a mobile app after you have created an account through a web browser.
Tip #5: Watch this entire video (it is less than 5 minutes) before setting up your account. Then, go back and watch it again, pausing to complete each step.
Steps to get an Observer Account.
- Get a pairing code from your child’s Canvas account.
- Enter this URL in a web browser eagleridgeacademy.instructure.com
- Click on the upper right-hand part of the log-in screen to create a new account.
- Fill out the log-in information requested and put the pairing code from your child’s account in the field titled “Student Paring Code”
- Accept the terms and then click the big blue “Start Participating” button
- If applicable, follow these directions to connect additional children to your account. Each additional child will need to get a pairing code through their Canvas account in order to connect to your parent account.
Written directions: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Observer-Guide/How-do-I-sign-up-for-a-Canvas-account-as-a-parent/ta-p/540
Video Instructions: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Video-Guide/Account-Registration-and-Student-Pairing/ta-p/383813
How to get a pairing code: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Student-Guide/How-do-I-generate-a-pairing-code-for-an-observer-as-a-student/ta-p/418