On May 10, 2023, a Minnesota State High School League cooperative agreement in place for tackle football between Eagle Ridge Academy (ERA) and Hopkins High School was announced, to begin in the fall of 2023. All 9th-12th grade students will be eligible to play Varsity or Junior Varsity for their teams. ERA is also adding football options for 6th-8th grade students through the Hopkins Youth Football program. Hopkins High School Head Football Coach Trevor Tolly visited Eagle Ridge Academy on May 15 and hosted a meeting for families at Hopkins High School on May 24. Please see this website for more information on Hopkins Football and below for additional resources.
- May 24 Hopkins Varsity Football Informational Meeting Notes
- Freshman Program Summer Dates and Information
- Varsity and JV Summer Dates and Information
All players should sign up for Team Strength & Conditioning through Community Ed and sign up for Summer 7 on 7 if you play QB/WR/RB/TE/Center or CB/LB/FS/SS through www.hopkinsfb.com.
Summer Strength & Conditioning Program: Coach Tolly discussed that the Summer Lifting Program will be through Community Education program and run as an athletics level program. This is the new program for ALL Varsity sports and will be on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, June 11 – August 11. There are two sessions and Varsity Football is trying to be in Session 1. There is a fee associated with this program, but scholarships are available and you can get a hold of Coach Irie at Irie.Collins@hopkinsschools.org for information on this.
Summer 7 on 7: Summer 7 on 7 is for QB/WR/RB/TE or LB/CB/FS/SS and Centers. There is a cost associated with this to cover jerseys & busing fees and scholarships are available. Please talk to Coach Tolly about this. Players must be registered with Varsity Football to participate.
- Varsity Team – Osseo on Mondays 6/12, 6/19, 6/26, 7/10, 7/17, 7/24
- Varsity Team – Benilde-St. Margaret’s – Thursdays – 7/13, 20, 27
- JV Team – Osseo on Mondays – 6/12, 6/19, 6/26, 7/10, 7/17, 7/24
- Sophomores – Benilde-St. Margaret’s – Thursdays – 7/13, 20, 27
- Freshman – Anoka – Wednesdays – 6/21, 6/28, 7/12, 7/19
Freshman and players new to the Varsity program must also complete the Varsity Program SportsEngine Registration. This registration will give Coach Tolly player contact information. It will be used for their Calendar subscription, Hudl (electronic playbook) account invite, invite to the Team GroupMe (player & coach chat), and T-shirt sizing. This is NOT Football registration. Football registration will open in mid-June.
Varsity Program Registration: This link provides your player with an SportsEngine account for them to get rostered to a HS Team. This will give you access to the following team items:
- All the calendars and events
- Hudl (Playbook & Film Watching App)
- GroupMe (Team & Coach Chat) invite for Varsity Program and Class of 2027 Group
- Announcement from Coach Tolly to team through SportsEngine Chat
- T-shirt Sizing for Camp Shirts
Either a parent or the athlete will need to fill this out. If you are a family that would like access to the calendar and see events synced to your SportsEngine account, I would suggest the parent fill this out for the athlete.
All parents should also join the Hopkins Football Boosters.
Hopkins Football Booster Club: Please use this link to join the Hopkins Football Boosters. We are requiring participating from Parents for the Booster Club for the 2023 season. All parents should fill out registration.
- Basic Membership – Free
- Other Options for Paid Memberships
- Ability to pre-pay for End of Year Banquet and Pancake Feed (discount over cost if purchased later in season)