Uniforms, Spirit Wear, Formal Dress & Free Dress Day
Eagle Ridge Academy maintains an official standard of dress, complete with a school uniform that must be worn every day. The Academy has a primary objective of developing a school dedicated to the highest standards of academics and deportment. The uniform policy and dress code underscores the Academy’s seriousness of purpose by encouraging students to think of their attire as an aspect of their work;helps to eliminate self-consciousness and social competition; places the emphasis for school culture on scholarship; and fosters a sense of identity with the Academy. We ask not only for the student’s commitment to this concept but for the parent’s as well. Formal uniforms are required for school-sponsored activities, such as field trips, school pictures, and concerts.
Uniform Changes for 2018-19
Two uniform changes will be added for the 2018-19 school year. For all grades, headwear/hair accessories must be black, gray, white or burgundy (headbands may also be the school uniform plaid). Examples are: headbands, ponytail holders, hijabs, barrettes, etc. (Note: Hats and caps may not be worn during the school day as they are not considered part of the school uniform.) For the Schools of Logic and Rhetoric, solid black or gray long skirts have been added to the uniform. A custom gray skirt is available through Educational Outfitters.
Uniform Guides (PDF)
- School of Grammar – Girls (Grades K-5)
- School of Grammar – Boys (Grades K-5)
- School of Logic- Girls (Grades 6-8)
- School of Logic – Boys (Grades 6-8)
- School of Rhetoric – Girls (Grades 9-12)
- School of Rhetoric – Boys (Grades 9-12)
2019-20 Spirit Wear Dates: Sept. 13, Oct. 4, Nov. 26, Dec. 13, Jan. 10, Feb. 13, March 13, April 9, May 8
Spirit Wear Day is a day that students K-12 can wear any Spirit Wear and Uniform combinations. (No street wear & the shoe policy still applies)
2019-20 Formal Dress Dates: Sept. 18, Nov. 11
- Lower School (K-5) formal dress for girls: White polo shirt with ERA logo, Plaid Skort or Jumper or Khaki pants, brown or black dress shoes.
- Lower School (K-5) formal dress for boys: Burgundy polo with ERA logo, Khaki pants, brown or black dress shoes.
- Upper School (6-12) formal dress for girls: White long sleeve oxford shirt or princess cut blouse, burgundy plaid skirt or long black or grey skirt, brown or black dress shoes.
- Upper School (6-12) formal dress for boys: White long sleeve oxford shirt, solid burgundy tie, khaki pants, solid brown or black leather belt with standard buckle, brown or black dress shoes.
- *K-12 Girls – If tights are worn, black tights are the only approved formal dress. Leggings are not part of the formal uniform.
If an extra layer is needed for warmth the uniform sweater may be added to the formal dress uniform; sweatshirts and fleeces are not part of the formal dress uniform.
2019-20 Free Dress Dates: Oct. 11, Dec. 20, March 27, May 22
All shoes must have backs, boots are permitted. Long and short sleeve shirts are permitted. No strapless, spaghetti straps, or sleeveless tops are permitted. Jeans are permitted; however, jeans with immodest rips in them are not. Sweat pants are permitted. Any logos on clothing must be school appropriate. Shirts are not to be tied back with elastic bands, but may be untucked. Heels should be no more than 1”. Skirt and shorts length should be modest, and no more than 2” above the knee. Costumes and masks should not be worn. No hats are permitted. Leggings and yoga pants can only be worn with modest shirts, tunics, shorts, and skirts.
6002 Excelsior Blvd. St. Louis Park, MN 55416-2511
Lands’ End – Want to try items on before purchasing online? More info here.
Lands’ End Lower School – Preferred School Number: 900137977
Lands’ End Middle School – Preferred School Number: 900096934
Lands’ End High School – Preferred School Number: 900137985
Spirit Wear Vendors:
PTO Spirit Wear
2018-19 Spirit Wear will be sold at the PTO Kick-off (July 26 from 5:00-8:00 pm), the Back to School Mixers at Meet Your Teacher Nights (Aug. 21 – 22 from 4:00-7:00 pm) and any remaining sizes will be sold at Rockin the Ridge (Oct. 6).
We have Youth Sweatpants for $25 and our new t-shirt design for $10.