2018-2019 Letter from the Food Program Specialist (found in Back to School Launch Packet)
View the 2018-19 Lunch & Recess Schedule on the Daily Schedule Page.
Jody Bertness, RD
Food Program Specialist
Phone: 952-746-7760 x 1312
- What happens if my child forgets his or her lunch?
- Forgotten lunches (K-5) may be dropped off in the Activities/Health Office. The parent will label the lunch. The lunch will be placed on a cart which will be located directly outside of the Activities/Health Office. A classroom EA or Lunchroom Monitor will collect the lunches as needed. Note: a school lunch will always be provided to any student if they forget their lunch and on is not dropped off at the Activities/Health Office in time. The appropriate fee will be charged to the student’s Infinite Campus account.
- I have a food allergy? Fill out the following and return to school. Click Here
- Do I qualify for Free/Reduced Meals? Fill out and return the attached application once it is available on July 1.
- Where can I find nutritional information (carbs, etc.) for school lunches? Please consult these documents:
- Breakfast Nutrition (PDF)
- Lunch Nutrition (PDF)
- How to use these links. I highly recommend you do not print the document. It has several pages of information which may change frequently. We want to ensure users are getting the most accurate information. The links are live so when an adjustment is made it immediately roles over to the links.
- Use the Find Function on your computer:
- Press and hold the ‘ctrl’ key and press ‘f.’ This opens the ‘find on page’ function.
- A search bar or window will open at the top of the web browser.
- Enter your key word to find the menu item you are looking for.
- Clink the forward arrow to move from one item to the next.
- Example: search for chicken quesadilla. Type quesadilla and all the quesadillas will be highlighted. Don’t search chicken as there are over 100 chicken recipes.
- Use the Find Function on your computer:
Please note: menus do not open on iPhones. Please open them on your home computer or Android device.
Gluten-free/Allergen meals will be offered only to families that preorder them in advance. We are able to make most menu items gluten-free with a one week advance notice which can be given by phone or email.
Vegetarian meals are offered to all students this year. Vegetarian menu items will have a (V) behind the item. Some of the regular menu items are able to be made vegetarian, an example would be (Beefy Nachos with Cheese Sauce (V)) This just means that this item will be offered with beans instead of beef for vegetarians.
All meals are pork-free.
Breakfast (K-12) – $2.00
K-5th Grade Regular or Vegetarian Lunch – $3.25
6th -12th Grade Regular or Vegetarian Lunch – $3.60
Allergen Meal – $3.75 (Gluten-Free Meals)
Milk / Juice – $.50
Adult Meal – $3.75
To add money into your child’s lunch account, log into the Infinite Campus Parent Portal and follow these steps:
- Log onto the Infinite Campus Parent Portal
- Choose the correct child from the drop down at the top
- Choose payments from the left index
- Add the amount you wish to deposit in the payment option under the heading food service account
- Click Continue
- Select the payment method or click add to add a new payment method
- You may use a checking account, savings account or a debit/credit card for payment method
- Save your payment method
- Choose continue
- Enter email address for receipt
- Click make payment
- You may print a copy for your records if you so choose
- You may view the transactions for your child’s lunch account by choosing food service in the left index.
Parents are welcome to come to school to have lunch with their child. Please stop in the office for a nametag before going to the cafeteria.
Beginning Thursday, November 1 we will no longer be able to charge parent lunches to their student’s accounts. If you would like to eat a school lunch with your child, please purchase a lunch ticket in the Activities office before you go to the cafeteria. You may pay with either cash or check in the amount of $3.75 per lunch.
Keep in mind the following:
- You must stay in the cafeteria during your visit.
- You may bring in outside food – but only for your child and yourself.
To file a complaint, write:
USDA Director, Office of Civil Rights
Room 326-W, Whitten Building,
1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability.