On Tuesday evening, the Eagle Ridge Academy Board of Directors held a Special Board Meeting in order to discuss and update our Covid-19 restrictions. The Board voted to:
- Give all people who enter our facility the option to mask.
- Require staff and students who are symptomatic or have a confirmed positive Covid-19 test to stay home. This is in line with how we address the flu, colds, and other illnesses. In the case of a positive Covid-19 test, the individual will stay home for five days, then mask for five days when at school. This is in line with current CDC recommendations.
- Not require the household members of a person with a positive Covid-19 test to quarantine.
- Continue with our enhanced cleaning schedule.
- Continue to use an enhanced HVAC system.
- Encourage individuals who test positive for Covid-19 or have any other contagious illness to report to the school nurse so we may track the data.
The updated Covid-19 restrictions will begin on Monday, May 16. Every decision has pros and cons. ERA believed that the restrictive measures put in place over the past two years were worth the disruption to the educational environment because of the possible severe health and safety ramifications to our community. The significant reduction in health risk now allows us to greatly decrease these restrictive procedures so that we may offer the highest quality Classical Education.
Every Thursday, the Covid-19 Incident Team will continue to monitor the positive Covid-19 Case Rate onsite. If there is a significant increase in onsite positive cases, the Covid-19 Incident Team may recommend increased restrictions. We appreciate the input that we have received from families and staff and we ask for further support by staying home if you have symptoms. The reduced restrictions only work if we reduce onsite spread.
Jason Ulbrich, Executive Director