Freshman & New Student Orientation
August 14, 2018 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Students are not required to be in uniform at Freshman & New Student Orientation.
Date: August 14
Time: 400 – 6:00 pm (please be prompt as we will kickoff at 4:00 pm.)
Location: Auditorium (Please enter via Door 4, our Activity Entrance)
Freshman, new School of Rhetoric students, and parents are invited to attend our Freshman and New Student Orientation on Tuesday, Aug. 14 from 4:00-6:00 p.m.
Orientation is your opportunity to learn more about the School of Rhetoric and discover the lay of the land. Get your schedule, find your classes, visit your locker, meet your administrative team, and connect with your student leaders. Parents, we have program for you as well! How we start often dictates how we conclude. Freshman and New Student Orientation is a critical part to creating a successful year. This evening is an important way to make sure both you and your child get the best possible start in high school, and we hope to see you there.
RSVP regrets only to Mrs. P, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to this evening and the opportunity to welcome you to the School of Rhetoric.
The Program for the evening follows:
- 4:00 PM All gather in the auditorium
- 4:05 Welcome and Introductions
- Overview of Evening
- Introduce the Gryphon Way
- 4:15 Students dismissed to senior leadership
- Student Program with Senior Guides
- Pick up schedules
- Locker Location
- Senior Panel on what to expect and the path to success
- Activity Sign up
- 4:15 Parent Program
- The Gryphon Way
- Parent Expectations: How can I help my student both behaviorally and academically
- Infinite Campus Sign-up
- Four year plan
- 5:30 Students and Parents Return to Auditorium
- Concluding comments
- 6:00 Conclude!