The $1,000 Marilyn R. Strand Scholarship—The Spirit of Service Award is nomination-based for a student who embodies the values and spirit of Marilyn R. Strand.
Marilyn was known for her love for others and the genuine joy she possessed. She led with a servant’s heart both in the Eagle Ridge Academy and outside community. Intuitive to other’s feelings and needs, she made everyone she met feel valued and loved in her presence. Through contributions from her family, friends, co-workers, and community, her legacy will live on with the Marilyn R. Strand Scholarship.
As this is a unique, nomination-based scholarship, faculty and staff will have the privilege to nominate seniors who they believe meet the criteria and embody the spirit in which Marilyn lived her life. Students who are nominated will be invited to apply for the scholarship. Applications include a series of questions, an essay, and two letters of recommendation. Any applicant who meets the criteria will be invited for a short interview with the selection committee. Criteria:
- Student has demonstrated a servant’s heart, love and care for others, compassion and empathy, and is active in the ERA and outside community.
- Student must have attended Eagle Ridge Academy for a minimum of three (3) years.
- Student must plan to pursue post-secondary education Fall of 2020
- Student must have a high school GPA of 2.00 or higher.
- Student should be involved with school and/or community volunteer activities.
Deadline for nominations is February 17. Application deadline for all scholarships is March 20.