ERA was the first public charter school in the southwest suburban area specifically dedicated to offering a demanding college-preparatory, classical, liberal-arts curriculum.
- 2004: Opened in Sept. with 108 students in grades 6, 7, and 9, expanding to grades 6-12 by the 2007-2008 school year
- 2008: Served some 280 students in grades 6-12 and graduated the first class of seniors in June, 2008
- 2010: Obtained approval in the summer of 2010 to add Kindergarten through grade 5 for the school year 2010-2011
- 2011: Expanded the Eden Prairie campus to house our entire student body, Kindergarten through grade 12.
- 2012: K-12 is now housed in one building, the Eden Prairie campus
- 2016: K-12 moves to new campus at 11111 Bren Road W., Minnetonka
Friends of Education launched an Achievement Award program for the schools they sponsor. This award was presented to the charter school which demonstrates prudent fiscal management and obtains the highest academic performance. Eagle Ridge was selected as the recipient in 2009.