Note 3/25/2020: The Election Timeline has been adjusted as a result of the COVID-19 situation in Minnesota. New dates are available below.
On behalf of the Eagle Ridge Academy Board of Directors, we are issuing a call for nominations for the 2020 Board of Directors election. Please read on for more information regarding the election process.
Board of Directors Composition
Currently, the Board is made up of six teacher seats and five parent/community member seats. For the 2020 election, the following seats will be open for election:
- Three teacher seats
- Two parent /community member seats
The Nomination Process
The Board of Directors asks that you nominate yourself or other individuals with the competence and vision to provide skilled leadership for the Academy. Any member of the Corporation, parent or staff, may submit a nomination. To submit a nomination, please complete the “Nomination Form” below. This form is also available through the Eagle Ridge Academy website under the Board tab.
Nominations are due on or before March 13, 2020 by 4:00 p.m.
Board Member Election Process
Once nominations are received, the election process will follow this sequence:
- All nominees will receive an information packet containing a detailed description of the requirements of Board service as well as details for accepting the nomination, including a candidate questionnaire.
- A completed questionnaire, submitted by the March 29, 2020 deadline, is the individual’s official notification that he/she accepts the nomination.
- An Election Guide with information on all candidates, their qualifications, and their views as stated in the candidate questionnaires will be available on April 1, 2020 on the official election site as well as posted on the Eagle Ridge Academy website for review.
- A Candidate Forum will be held on April 23, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. location TBD. This Forum will provide an opportunity to meet and question all the candidates who are running for election. All candidates are encouraged to take part in this Forum.
- The official election will open on April 23, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. All eligible voters will receive an individualized ballot passcode and log-in information as well as further directions via email. All votes must be cast no later than April 27, 2020 at 12:00 p.m.
- Official results will be announced at the Annual Board Meeting on April 28, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
Please be mindful of the skills and attributes that are desirable for members of the Board of Directors. It is important to nominate people with these skills and attributes so that the Board has a broad range of expertise to call upon as it charts the school’s future.
- A Commitment to the Academy’s Classical Mission and Vision
- Non-Profit Management
- Facilities Management
- Human Resources
- Marketing/Public Relations/Advertising
- Strategic Planning
Additional points to consider:
- Board members can expect to spend roughly 12-15 hours per month contributing to Board efforts through meetings and assignments.
- If you are nominating someone other than yourself, please discuss the nomination with that person so that she or he is aware of the nomination.
Thank you for giving this election your careful thought and attention. Participating in this cornerstone of our country’s system of government is an excellent way to exercise, and model, true citizenship.
Please note that all communications regarding this year’s election will take place primarily through email. If you do not have access to email, please contact the school office at 952-746-7760 so that other arrangements can be made.
If you have any questions about the election, please contact Clare Murray, Board of Directors Election Coordinator.
SCHOOL BOARD NEWS: 2017 School Board Election
Election Results (Posted 4.26.2017)
Be sure to join us to meet the candidates in person at the Board of Directors Candidate Forum on Tuesday, April 4 from 6:00-8:00 pm. The event will take place at Eagle Ridge Academy and will stream live on the Academy’s Facebook page for those unable to attend the event in person.
SCHOOL BOARD NEWS: 2016 School Board Election
The 2016 Eagle Ridge Academy Board of Directors election will begin on Wednesday, April 20th. For more information on the election process and the candidates running for the board please, click here for the revised 2016 Election Guide.
Eagle Ridge Academy Board Candidate Questionnaire (posted 7/2/14)
Board of Directors 2014 Annual Election
*2014 School Board Official Election Results (posted 6.2.14)
*Call for Nominations Letter
*Community Email 2014
*Voter Information Guide
*5.19.14 Letter from the Board Chair
Video of School Board Candidate Forum – held April 24th – 7:00pm
Segment 1: “What about Eagle Ridge Academy’s mission is most important to you?” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ5-Wz9vOBw&feature=em-upload_owner
Segment 2: “Identify an important issue facing our academy and describe how you would go about solving it.” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz5Bgf1vXGQ&feature=em-upload_owner
Segment 3: “Why do you want to run for the Board and what skills do you bring to the job?” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVQ_qDIKxk&feature=em-upload_owner
Segment 4: “As this is an active, working Board, what is your ability and willingness to work beyond just attending meetings?” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fgKarGmk8k&feature=em-upload_owner
Segment 5: “If you could shape ERA into your ideal school, describe what ERA would look like in 10 years. How would it differ from today?” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxp-6VUmqBE&feature=em-upload_owner
Segment 6: “What ideas do you have to promote retention of our best teachers?” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRQcbB9BJro&feature=em-upload_owner
Segment 7: “How do you think ERA should help support parents to teach this Classical education?” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1jUGl8LWwo&feature=em-upload_owner
Segment 8: “Do you believe children receiving Special Education services can be successful in a Classical education model?” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiN4Aa3Fxh8&feature=em-upload_owner
Segment 9: “As a Board member, what would you do to build the level of involvement among constituents – most importantly the parent community?” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXl6wJBQ1NM&feature=em-upload_owner
Segment 10: “Given that a large number of students leave ERA well before 12th grade, what will you do to help grow and improve our high school?” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfvmX_ucsmM&feature=em-upload_owner