Update 4/25/2019: Election results are now available. Click here to view.
On behalf of the Eagle Ridge Academy Board of Directors, we are issuing a call for nominations for the 2019 Board of Directors election. Please read on for more information regarding the election process.
Board of Directors Composition
Currently, the Board is made up of six teacher seats and five parent/community member seats. For the 2019 election, the following seats will be open for election:
- Three teacher seats
- Three parent /community member seats
The Nomination Process
The Board of Directors asks that you nominate yourself or other individuals with the competence and vision to provide skilled leadership for the Academy. Any member of the Corporation, parent or staff, may submit a nomination. To submit a nomination, please complete the “Nomination Form” below. This form is also available through the Eagle Ridge Academy website under the Board tab.
Nominations are due on or before March 15, 2019 by 4:00 p.m.
Board Member Election Process
Once nominations are received, the election process will follow this sequence:
- All nominees will receive an information packet containing a detailed description of the requirements of Board service as well as details for accepting the nomination, including a candidate questionnaire.
- A completed questionnaire, submitted by the March 22, 2019 deadline, is the individual’s official notification that he/she accepts the nomination.
- An Election Guide with information on all candidates, their qualifications, and their views as stated in the candidate questionnaires will be available on April 2, 2019 on the official election site as well as posted on the Eagle Ridge Academy website for review.
- A Candidate Forum will be held on April 18, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. in the ERA Commons. This Forum will provide an opportunity to meet and question all the candidates who are running for election. All candidates are encouraged to take part in this Forum.
- The official election will open on April 18, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. All eligible voters will receive an individualized ballot passcode and log-in information as well as further directions via email. All votes must be cast no later than April 22, 2019 at 12:00 p.m.
- Official results will be announced at the Annual Board Meeting on April 23, 2019 at 6:00 p.m.
Please be mindful of the skills and attributes that are desirable for members of the Board of Directors. It is important to nominate people with these skills and attributes so that the Board has a broad range of expertise to call upon as it charts the school’s future.
- A Commitment to the Academy’s Classical Mission and Vision
- Non-Profit Management
- Facilities Management
- Human Resources
- Marketing/Public Relations/Advertising
- Strategic Planning
Additional points to consider:
- Board members can expect to spend roughly 12-15 hours per month contributing to Board efforts through meetings and and assignments.
- If you are nominating someone other than yourself, please discuss the nomination with that person so that she or he is aware of the nomination.
Thank you for giving this election your careful thought and attention. Participating in this cornerstone of our country’s system of government is an excellent way to exercise, and model, true citizenship.
Please note that all communications regarding this year’s election will take place primarily through email. If you do not have access to email, please contact the school office at 952-746-7760 so that other arrangements can be made.